Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kiss and Make Up

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything.  In fact, it was still cold outside.  You know how I know that?  Because that's when the house and I got into a very serious disagreement and stopping talking (i.e. I stopped blogging).  Our super fancy European tankless water heater broke.  Not only was it a bummer that we had no heat, but we had to pay Tim, the heater guy, $125 to tell us that it was broken and could not be fixed.  It was broken due to one teensy, tiny, faulty part.  The aforementioned super fancy European tankless water heater is no longer being made, nor is anyone in the world servicing this item.  Over the course of a week, we sent emails to several non-English speaking countries and Dave placed a late night phone call to Spain.  I have no idea what his plan was if someone actually picked up the phone.  Our parents were gracious enough to take us  (and our little pooch) in while we tried to track down the part.  I'm pretty sure we found the end of the Internet in the process.  Long story short, we had to buy an entirely new tankless water heater and this one is American.  Damn skippy it is.  So, the house and I have made our amends and we're back in business.  FYI, there is a small child living inside of my stomach for the next few months, so it may not be full steam ahead, but I'll do my best to keep things lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment