Monday, August 23, 2010

Nursery Happenings

Over the past few months, we've slowly cleaned out the second bedroom and started in on the nursery.  The first thing that we bought was a dresser from the Land of Nod outlet for $75.  It was white with scuffs everywhere and a cracked base.  I wish I had the before pic, but I couldn't snap one before Dave got his hands on it.  He fixed the base, painted it and put on new hardware.  Here is my handsome handyman;





The color is absolutely perfect.  Picking out paint is harder than it looks and it's been a bumpy road for me.  I went to Buikema's with this color in mind and when they didn't have it, I worked with the paint lady to make a custom color.  She printed out the paint specifications and we crunched numbers (for real) until we came up with the color I liked.  She could not have been nicer about it.  And I must admit that I was/am pretty pleased with myself.  We'll throw a changing pad on it and, voila, we have a functional and pretty piece of furniture.

1 comment: